May 23, 2020
As we approach the long holiday weekend in the U.S., we wanted to touch base and give you a status update on our decisions and plans for this summer. We are so appreciative of your patience, flexibility and honesty during this turbulent time. We’re all looking for answers and we’re working hard to make the best decisions for the Netop community.
What do we know?
- We know that these last few weeks have been some of the toughest yet.
- We know that some of you had to deal with schools being closed, proms getting cancelled and virtual graduation and birthday celebrations.
- We know that everyone has been questioning their decisions and comfort levels as states deal with various “stay-safe-at-home” orders.
- We know that summer camps have been a big topic of conversation across all news outlets.
- We know there are many guidelines and protocols for camps, which were published by the ACA and state of Maine, just two days ago.
What don’t we know?
We still don’t know if we will be able to have in-person programming for summer 2020. There has been so much information to digest and we want to make sure that we, as a leadership team, have time to process it and guide us into making the safest, smartest, and best decision for our families this summer. What we have learned from speaking with other camp directors and owners who have made the choice to suspend 2020 programs is that we must do what is best for our Netop community. There is no right or wrong answer.
We are still aiming to have a decision made by June 1st, or earlier if possible. We are weighing all of our options, consulting with our medical team, our leadership team and other peers in the industry. We are asking questions to our governing bodies (the Maine governor’s office, ACA, CDC) to make sure that we understand what a Netop 2020 program could look like. We also want your input. We would greatly appreciate you taking a few minutes this weekend to fill out a short survey so that we can make sure that our plans align with what our families want and need. Within the survey you will find more information on what a modified season would look like this summer, and policies that will need to be in place should we be able to open.
Thanks again for all your support and enouragement. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions and/or concerns. You can email us at [email protected] or call 516-458-7012.
All the best,
Lisa, Tom and Steve